Sunday, September 6, 2009

Learn something new everyday

So as some of you may know, I am working for the first time as an Associate Producer on a short independent film. It's a new and exciting experience which of course, I am learning by the seat of my pants. I do my best learning that way. I also get to do a little special FX makeup on this film. Can't wait. This will be a great credit for me. Who knows what will happen going forward.

The next thing I want to do is get my own website so I am not directing people to modelmayhem anymore. If I'm going to make a go of being a makeup artist full-time, I have to get it all up and running. But boy, the start up is costing money. I guess it is true what they say....to make money, you have to spend money. Fingers crossed, it all pays off. It's exhausting but if it all works out, it will be worth it.

Now for the fun of the day. I didn't do much yet got a lot accomplished. So I feel good about that. But more than that, Scotty and I had a little late lunch today and then we went to Prettyville....aka "Forest Hills Gardens". It is the wildest thing. Here we live in Forest Hills and it's nice and all, but it's apartment living with the "Boulevard of Death" right up the block.

But if you walk a little bit on Continental Avenue towards the Long Island Railroad....go under the bridge, you are suddenly in another world. As if you are in an alternate universe. As you have probably ascertained, we like to call it "Prettyville". It's amazing to walk around. Many of the homes make you feel like you are in a little European town in France or England or sometime or Switzerland.....I can't explain. You have to see it to believe it.

Many of the homes have our favorite thing.....turrets. They are like dream homes. My favorite one is on Ascan Avenue and it looks like you could stage Romeo and Juliet there. Down another street, we swear there is a haunted mansion in England. And ironically enough...it's next to a church. Almost good versus evil right next to each other. See what I mean....a totally different world there.

As always, we got a little lost in our favorite pretty world but finally after walking around for an hour or so, it was time to get back to reality. So here I am, back at home, dealing with reality. Applying for makeup gigs, doing stuff for the film, and thinking about my next fun recipe to try.

Well, that's it for now. Hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend.

See you back in blogland tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment