Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Attention to Detail

So yesterday I was on my way to a gig in Stamford, Connecticut to do hair and makeup for a corporate company for headshots. And wouldn't you know, my agency was given the WRONG DATE by the recruiter (who will remain unnamed, because....they are known screw ups...yes, this is not the first time they haven't known what they were doing). Looking back on the emails telling us the dates it says the event will be on "Monday, September 28".

Now I ask you, after seeing that date on your email several times as the date of the gig, what would you think the date of the gig is. That's right, Monday, September 28. Not Tuesday, September 29, right? IF the Monday part wasn't there, I'd say, okay....typo. But the Monday part of the date was clearly typed.

So I traveled out to Stamford (which is a 2 hour trek give or take) only to find out, that not only was the gig not on "Monday, September 28", but now, they are rescheduling the date they booked according to the corporate company (who shall remain unnamed) of Tuesday, September 29 and they will have to let me know.

Needless to say, my agency was furious, and quite frankly, I wasn't thrilled either. But they now have to pay me for their folly. 4 hours and my travel. So, I ask you this, HOW does someone who doesn't pay attention to the small details, keep their job? How do they get these jobs? I'm just saying. I wouldn't mind, but it's the same recruiter who screwed me a couple of years ago.

Well, live and learn, right. And get on to other things, I say.

So we'll see what happens. They may reschedule for Thursday. Hmmmm. I'll keep you posted.

Meanwhile.....I must go post about the Garlic Festival. Yummmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment