Thursday, September 3, 2009

Data Entry on a beautiful day

About 6 years ago I put an ad in Craig's list for freelance work doing word processing/presentation/data entry work from home. Surprisingly, I got a call rather quickly for a data entry job for a financial person.

I love the extra work, but sometimes it is sooooo hard to get started. It's always daunting and so much more than it originally appears to be.

Now those of you who know me, know I am a researchaholic (which is probably why I am a walking encyclopedia, or really, I'm a walking 411). Which of course means whenever I get these kinds of jobs, they take longer than anticipated because inevitably.....information is missing. OR...the spreadsheet has been started and is half-ass backwards and I have to straighten it out before I can actually get started.

Luckily this time, I was able to start this one from scratch, but typically, I am entering stuff from printouts from the web....and you know what I'm about to say.....info is missing....like full email addresses or web addresses. What does that mean for me....research. What is the website, do I see the contact.

I guess this post is really a tiny rant about how long these things take. But hey, what can you do, right?

Well, nothing...but get the job done, so onwards I go.

Will try to write something more interesting later, like the fact that this guy Rick at my new fave coffee spot, with free WiFi of course, wants to do a iPod Touch/iPhone video blog with me about Apps. Yes, I'm addicted to the Apps. Especially the cool free ones. And again, those of you who know me, know I can find things at good prices and know a good bargain when I see one. So maybe this will be a fun venture. Will let you know.

Later folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment