Wednesday, December 2, 2009

WorkForce1 and Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil

I know neither one has anything to do with the other...but that's news today.

Went to WorkForce1 today (they are who Unemployment will send you to look for work, but hey everyone - you don't have to be unemployed for them to help you find a job, help you train to get a promotion, rewrite your resume, learn to interview or get career training) to see about getting my ITG Vouchers for career training.....I think I would LOVE doing Graphic Arts while I'm doing the makeup thing so I want to be trained. If I can get the money to actually train in something I like, what would be better than that. Makes me feel a little more optimistic about moving forward.

I was surprised yet, not surprised that they said that when they put together their recruitment event calendars that they don't usually put the administrative support on the list because they maybe only get 2 jobs a week (it is so hard to get that kind of work right now) and they don't want to waste everyone's time since those jobs are taken before the recruitment event even happens. I knew my safety job career was in tough times, but I didn't realize just how hard it is to get administrative support jobs...how scarce they really are. Makes me want to do "occupational training" even more. Learned about a bunch of stuff that is available to the unemployed and the employed. So much to think about.

Meanwhile, working at MAC for the first time this Friday and Saturday. Fingers crossed that it goes well. I know I can sell anything to anybody, but nervous all the same.

Now for the Shu Uemura cleansing oil part. I met Gina Brooke recently (Madonna's makeup artist) and she was the coolest. She showed me a lot of great tips and introduced me to the Cleansing Oil. IT IS AWESOME. If you can afford to get a small bottle to try, it's worth it. Yes, it cleans oily skin, too. Believe it or not, oil will clean better than a regular cleanser. I have found it helps immensely to get off my waterproof mascara without fighting with it and makes my skin feel clean yet not dry. Don't get me wrong, I love my Cetaphil, BUT....this stuff really removes your makeup. Get some if you don't already have. Try it, I guarantee you will love it.

Well, that's it for now. Must go watch GLEE (I always wait till DVR is finished so I can cut the commercials.) Anyway, wishing everyone the best and I'll write soon!

1 comment: